Annual Eye Examinations
Our annual eye exam is a comprehensive ocular health and visual assessment involving over 50 tests.
Our goal is to optimize your visual performance through early diagnosis, vision preservation, individualized treatment plans including prescriptions for eyeglasses, contact lenses, vision therapy or medication as required. Included is your eyeglass prescription and contact lens prescription (follow-up may be required). We also offer:
Annual Eye Exams
Early diagnosis and intervention is our goal.
- Adults Including Contact Lens Wearers
- A comprehensive ocular and visual assessment involving over 50 tests. This is the price of an annual eye exam for anyone without OHIP coverage.
- Seniors - 65+ with OHIP eligibility
- A comprehensive ocular and visual assessment involving over 50 tests. Annually from age 65 and older.
- Patients under 20 with OHIP eligibility
- First exam recommended between 6-9 months of age. Annually from age 2.5 and older.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding an annual eye exam, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Eye Care Services Not CoveredRoutine eye examinations provided by an optometrist for patients aged 20 to 64, are not covered by OHIP. These individuals are responsible for payment for these examinations or have the cost covered by private insurance.
Eye Care Services CoveredPatients aged 20 to 64 years who have any of the following medical conditions can go to their optometrist and receive an OHIP insured eye examination once every 12 months : diabetes mellitus, glaucoma, cataract, retinal disease, amblyopia, visual field defects, corneal disease, strabismus, recurrent uveitis or optic pathway disease.
Partial Eye ExaminationsPartial eye examinations follow an annual assessment and address an issue that has started during the year or to follow-up on an existing condition. The tests required may very depending on the reason for the visit. Starts from $60 and may be covered by OHIP in some instances.
Comprehensive Eye Health and Vision ExamsIn Ontario, OHIP will cover the cost of an examination once every year for:
- Patients under 20 years of age
- Patients 65 years of age and over